Thursday, December 4, 2008

What Me Worry?

So here it is....

Matthew 6:25–34 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? …

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

I know these things. I trust in the Lord. But, my retirement accounts are looking like the big drop on the world’s largest roller coaster. But I see layoffs of my co-workers with hundreds more coming over the next year. But I see my project winding down to nothing early next year. But I see no new projects coming in the new year or next.

But...but…but…BUT WHY DO I STILL WORRY!

Sigh…Time for casting that anxiety with serious prayer and petition, starting with the thanks for what God has provided.

Image: Alfred E. Neuman by Norman Mingo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so much easier to say than do though, the not worrying thing.

I trust God....but look at what is going on seems to be my natural response.