Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall Back...

What do I do with an extra hour? Do I sleep in? Do I wake an hour earlier?

Right now I go with wake an hour earlier. I need the extra time to prepare for the Sunday School lesson. The author of our current teacher book quarterly is one I’ve done before, and quite frankly, he and I just do not connect on the same “teacher’s plane of thought”. It’s just one of those things, I suppose. I can tell from the class responses, I just do not seem to be connecting when I use this material. Other authors, I can whip up a lesson in no time and with enthusiastic response. Thank you, Lord, for offering different authoring of the student’s book. I am leaning more on that material than the teacher’s manual.

It is time like these that I long for an alternate or co-teacher, who may see the material in a different light, a different experience than I. What are you teaching me Lord?

Picture: Van Gough, Portrait of Dr. Gachet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The same thing he keeps trying to get through my head. It is in the struggles of listening to other points of view that we can often hear God in new and exciting ways.