Tuesday, November 4, 2008

polls Polls POLLS AHHHH!

Take a look at the definition for poll. For something like 22 months, all we have heard about is polls. I am ready to take definition number 6 and promptly apply it to my definition 5! But today it’s finally over (although after the election 8 years ago…maybe over today?). Our country picks new people to govern.

Some may find assurance in the results, some may not. One thing true for me is that assurance does not come from polls and elections. I find assurance in the strangely warmed heart…as Wesley put it:

"I felt my heart strangely warmed. I felt I did trust in Christ, Christ alone for salvation, and an assurance was given me that He had taken my sin, even mine." - from Wesley's Journal

This is the kind of assurance I vote for, no matter who wins elections.


Artwork: Monet, Grainstack (Sunset).

No comments: